add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Late Update: 2 meetups tomorrow (Artists and Web panel)

Late Update: 2 meetups tomorrow (Artists and Web panel)

Fletch Brendan G.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Greetings everyone, I apologize for the late notice on these.

First, after two months I have returned the Artists' Alliance Meetups to the repeating schedule, there were some technical issues that made it... well, not ideal. But just so you know, the Artists' Alliance job club meets every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 1:30pm, at Recycled Reads on Burnet Rd. If you're an artist of any kind, and you're looking for a work, here's a chance to make some contacts and talk about what's going on in the arts community.

After they meet tomorrow afternoon, a few hours later we'll be having a Basic Web panel up at La Madeleine at the Arboretum, at 7pm. I didn't think I was going to be able to do one of these this month, but Thursday suddenly cleared up and I whipped this together. We'll be having a presentation on creating CSS-based layouts in Dreamweaver. I'll be using CS4 with my laptop (and projector), but it shouldn't be too different from CS5, or CS3 for that matter.

If you want to have food, which is highly encouraged since they let us use the room for free, you'll want to arrive a little early, maybe 6:30, if you can. But it's OK to eat while we do the presentation.

I hope some of you can make it to either of these meetings.

TOMORROW: Thursday, April 21, 2011

1:30pm- Artists' Alliance Job Club:

Recycled Reads Bookstore
95335 Burnet Rd.
Austin, Texas
(512) 323-5123­

7:00pm- CSS-based Layouts in Dreamweaver:

La Madeleine @ The Arboretum
9828 Great Hills Trail, Suite 650 (near the intersection of 183 & Great Hills Trail)
Austin, Texas
(512) 502-2474­