Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Reminder: Tomorrow night's meetup- Demo of Adobe Creative Cloud and Alternatives

Reminder: Tomorrow night's meetup- Demo of Adobe Creative Cloud and Alternatives

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Since Meetup's automatic emails seem to be missing again, I'm sending a manual reminder about our meetup tomorrow night.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Yarborough Branch Library
2200 Hancock Blvd. (off Burnet Rd.)
http://www.meetup.com...­

This is the follow-up I talked about at last week's meeting, which was a soup-to-nuts round-up of everything you need to know about Adobe Creative Cloud. I had intended to do demos of some of the apps, and alternative apps, at that meetup, but projector-vs-computer issues thwarted me.

So for Wednesday night, I'll be bringing a Mac with Photoshop and the two new ones, Muse and Edge. I'll also have some of the free alternative apps like GIMP, Scribus and Inkscape to try out, since so many of us are thinking about not going with Adobe's subscription model.

This will be on the informal side, as I don't know those last two very well at all yet (I just got them recently), and I"ll mostly be just showing new features, not doing full tutorials or anything.

Feel free to bring files of your own if you want to try something out with them with the software I'll have on hand.
Donna B.
user 10257714
Austin, TX
Post #: 14
Fletcher,
I can't make the meeting but this might help your "soup to nuts" talk about some of the basics of how Creative Cloud is set up. It's a summary of what is included in the Creative Cloud, including options, links to general Adobe CC info and more. (I learned about and included a tip for freelance/small business owners who need tax deductions.)

http://austinadobeuse...­

Donna Blumberg
Manager, Austin Adobe User Group