align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Austin Designers SXSW Madness Meetup!

Austin Designers SXSW Madness Meetup!

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Announcing the Austin Designers SXSW Madness Meetup!

When: March 18, 2009 6:30 PM

Where: The Khabele School, 8th and Rio Grande, downtown

Well right in the midst of the SXSW Interactive festival (and the day before March Madness begins), we're going to be having our meetup in the thick of things downtown! I suspect that parking still won't be too much of an issue, since the music festival won't have started yet, but you might want to give yourself some extra time to get there.

I'm going to be volunteering at the festival and attending a bunch of the panel discussions, so it's my plan to take what I learn at the festival and give you a guys a presentation of that information. Plus I'd love for anyone else who's attending any of SXSWi to give their input/feedback/comments/stories... We're hoping to have a projector and laptop again, since it helped so much at our previous meeting.

See everyone there!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Mitchell
user 7690399
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
First, a point of order: Wednesday the 18th is in fact the first day of the music festival. I know this because I am volunteering to be a stage hand and will have to work from 5PM till 2AM that day. The ramifications of this fact are that 1) I will not be able to attend this particular meetup and 2) I will not be able to attend a free SXSW related event that night that I am dying to go to. (more details in a bit.) Both facts are really making me reconsider my decision to volunteer. sad
The event of which I speak is called "Data Pop 09" and it is a showcase of 8-bit and chiptune music. If you are not familiar with this type of music, you can check out this site. The event is free and the artists include Bit Shifter, Nullsleep, Anamanaguchi, 8Bk OK, and others. The location will be 1142 South Lamar (inside the old salvation army by the Alamo South) It starts at 9, so you could go straight from the ATXDM meeting to this event. Could someone please go and video record this for me? biggrin please?
that's all I got.