addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › New Meetup: July Meetup #2

New Meetup: July Meetup #2

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Announcing July Meetup #2

Tuesday July 28, 2009 6:30 PM

Genuine Joe Coffee Shop
2001 W. Anderson Ln
Austin, TX 78757
512-220-1576

OK everybody, after having such a great turnout for our last meetup at the Khabele School earlier this month, I've taken to heart a lot of suggestions for how to do our meetups, especially when we have lots of people.

Our tradition has always been to hold one meeting a month in a classroom/library setting, where it's quieter and we can use a laptop and projector for a more serious discussion, and then the other monthly meeting is at a restaurant or coffeeshop (so we can get food) to have a more social and informal kind of gathering. So next Tuesday we'll be at Genuine Joe Coffeehouse up on Anderson Lane. However I have reserved the back room (called "The Cellar") so that we won't have to deal with the noise from the other clientele, but at least the place does have some sandwiches and other food so you can grab a meal and not miss the meeting.

This will be a shorter meeting, and since it's informal I figured we'd blend the job club half with the regular half, and after we do introductions, we'd have ample opportunity for everyone to meet and mingle, exchange business cards, talk shop, and if we have a large number of people we can break off into smaller groups to discuss specific topics anyone wants to address.

I originally thought I'd do the "tips and tricks" topic of discussion for this meeting, but on second thought I think we should save it for the next Khabele School meeting, when we'll have the projector once again and we can actually show or demonstrate what we're talking about.

Once again this room reservation isn't free ($30 for our meeting) but any food or beverages that our group order counts toward that total, so I don't need donations- I just need us to patronize their business!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­