Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › New Meetup: August Meetup #2

New Meetup: August Meetup #2

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Announcing August Meetup #2

Wednesday August 26, 2009 6:30 PM

Galaxy Cafe
4701 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78751
(512) 323-9494

Genuine Joe was OK, but not great (since the room we had reserved seemed to lack AC), and wasn't worth the fee we paid. So we'll go back to Galaxy Cafe where we've always had a good time, and they don't charge us. (Although I highly recommend that you at least get a beverage or something to make our presence worth it to them.)

Just so everyone knows, we do our big meetings, with a more organized format, at the Khabele School on the second Wednesday of the month, but we also do these other meetings on the fourth Wednesday as less structured, more social gatherings. And to make it easier for people who may have problems coming to the downtown meetings, we do these at a location more in the north of town. And for the foreseeable future, I think we'll just set that location to be the Galaxy Cafe.

So let's all get together and network, talk about our projects, share leads for work or jobs, or just chat. There's a long table in the back of the room, near the registers, which works great for our group, so I'll see you all there!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­