addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › ATX Design and Media meets Wed.

ATX Design and Media meets Wed. Oct. 28- need a place for us to work on a project

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Announcing October Meetup #2

October 28, 2009 6:30 PM- Location has not been chosen yet.

Folks, we're going to push forward on our idea of collaborating on a project that has been presented to us. In order to do this, we're going to meet some place other than Galaxy Cafe, which isn't very conducive towards working together- or working at all. See project details below.

I'm asking if anyone has any suggestion about a place where those of us who are interested can bring their laptops, and we can all brainstorm and mock up ideas for the project and share them. Particularly, if anyone is willing to let us meet at your home (hopefully not to far north or south- I'm definitely too far south), that would be fantastic. Don't worry, I won't post your address on the website, it would only go out in email to the members. Barring that, I'll probably try and get the Yarbrough Branch Library if it's available.

OK, so the project details- Tammy Jarocki talked with the people in the Launchpad Science and Engineering Clublet, who want to get some business cards printed up (for their group, not for specific people). So as a little bit of an exercise, we thought it'd be good practice for us to come up with a design for their business cards as a group.

If you don't have a laptop, or don't have software on your laptop for working on this sort of thing, or if you're just uninterested, we'd love to have you anyway, as there'll be plenty for us to discuss and share regardless. And again, if you have a place or know of a place that would be good for us to do this at, email me back.

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­