Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Last night's meeting

Last night's meeting

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hey everyone, thanks so much for coming to our meeting at Opal Divine's last night. I know I had a great time, and I hope everyone else found it worthwhile too. I want to apologize again for the difficulty in the meeting from not having the room to ourselves, making it hard to hear and find chairs. But with such a large turnout, and great input, feedback and participation from everyone, I feel like the group has a lot of potential for the coming meetings. Thanks especially also to Roman Villareal and Chris Martinez for putting it all together, bringing the swag and arranging speakers for us in August and October.

(Quickly I also want to apologize to whoever chose the lowest number (was it 7?) when we were giving away the Flex/Cold Fusion license- when the number 1 came up on the first run of the number generator, for some stupid reason I thought it was a mistake and told Dennis to do it again. That should've been a legitimate result and I shouldn't have done that. Please email me if you don't mind, I'd like to find a way to make it up to you.)

I'm working right now on a LinkedIn group or something similar that will work for us in terms of helping our members find and connect with others who have skills or interests that we're looking for. In the meantime, I'm going to modify that "homework assignment" I said I was giving everyone. I'd like to ask you to log in to Meetup.com and go to the page for last night's meetup. Look in the upper right corner where it says "Rate This Meetup". Click there and it'll give you the ability to give the meeting 1 to 5 stars- and if you dont' mind sharing, please leave comments too. Positive comments are always great, but we welcome constructive criticism. If you'd rather email me your feedback, just click on my name in the list of attendees and click on the link for "send email". Or just use my address, fletcherism@atxdm.org.

Thanks again everyone, stay tuned for the announcement about our LinkedIn (or whatever) group and about the next Flash group meeting's place and date- probably around August 10th, somewhere more central or northerly!