addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › About tomorrow's meetup at Howson

About tomorrow's meetup at Howson

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Folks, I apologize for the lack of a definite program for tomorrow night's meetup at Howson Library- I ran into some unexpected issues this past weekend that totally derailed me.

At the same time as our meetup, the Austin Flash Meetup is having a big program in south Austin as well. I think a few of our regulars will be going to that meetup (which I'll say more about at the bottom). But for those of you coming to our meetup at Howson, we'll go with our old favorite activity, resume and portfolio review, if anyone wants to bring theirs or have us look at it online. If I have a large enough group, I'll try and show a tutorial on glass effects in Photoshop.

Meanwhile, over at the Flash meetup, Adobe's Ryan Stewart will come and speak about AIR for Android, which a number of us probably aren't interested in. But they'll also be having a special presentation on Illustrator. To wit:

"For you designers out there we will be having an Illustrator CS5 to Flash Presentation. Take your Illustrator files and convert them into Flash animations. We will also show how to add code snippets to easily add interactivity."

Aaaaaaaaand, they'll be having free beer and pizza. So I wouldn't blame you if you'd rather go to that meetup. Here's the link: http://www.meetup.com...­

For everyone else, see you tomorrow night.