The Atlanta Gamers Guild Message Board The Suggestion Box › New idea for dues

New idea for dues

mike
dayminkaynin
Group Organizer
Dallas, GA
Post #: 226
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I propose a yearly fee of 5$. What do you all think? As now I don't make it to all the meet ups and meeting with each organizer to collect it just seems troublesome. This would also make showing up to more meetups cheaper and collect more money for the guild. The money started as a way to buy items for the DM rewards program. If DMs collect their own money that might as well keep it but then no money comes to the guild.

I'll add my PayPal soon.
Edward McGee
Bigguyinblack
Marietta, GA
Post #: 198
A few questions.
1. Who is expected t pay the fee? We get a lot of players who only play part time. Asking them to pay a yearly fee when they play 2-3 times a year is silly.
2. What games do we collect fees for? We use this group for both official stuff that needs to be ordered like the D&D stuff and for home games played at the store such as the D20 Modern.
3. What is the money going to exactly?

When I played Living Greyhawk we collected 1$ per player each session to cover printing costs and the money also went toward rental for a yearly convention.
Mark
georgiaboy61
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 30
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
$5 seems very reasonable.
mike
dayminkaynin
Group Organizer
Dallas, GA
Post #: 228
A few questions.
1. Who is expected t pay the fee? We get a lot of players who only play part time. Asking them to pay a yearly fee when they play 2-3 times a year is silly.
2. What games do we collect fees for? We use this group for both official stuff that needs to be ordered like the D&D stuff and for home games played at the store such as the D20 Modern.
3. What is the money going to exactly?

When I played Living Greyhawk we collected 1$ per player each session to cover printing costs and the money also went toward rental for a yearly convention.

1. every one. i would assume those that don't would get removed. they could message me or one of us if money problems are a reason but 1$ would be my guess as an alternative. we could make it 2$? or even 1$. with 700+ members that 700$.

2. meetups not connected to promotional materials or ones any one could attend regardless of the meetup(a game at some one's home would count as this).

3. the DM Rewards Program.
mike
dayminkaynin
Group Organizer
Dallas, GA
Post #: 229
all money would be tracked here. and it works.
Edward McGee
Bigguyinblack
Marietta, GA
Post #: 199
I see this group as a good way for players to meet. If we are hurting for cash just ask for a 1$ donation each gaming session and say it is for soundproofing. As long as it is a donation and not required I imagine most players will help.
Paul McBride
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 97
I propose a yearly fee of 5$. What do you all think? As now I don't make it to all the meet ups and meeting with each organizer to collect it just seems troublesome. This would also make showing up to more meetups cheaper and collect more money for the guild. The money started as a way to buy items for the DM rewards program. If DMs collect their own money that might as well keep it but then no money comes to the guild.

I'll add my PayPal soon.
Makes sense to me.
mike
dayminkaynin
Group Organizer
Dallas, GA
Post #: 230
looking at the only meet up that charged(aggressively), it caused about 5 former members and that was a dollar. the most the meet up has ever made, 18$. and that was from 1$ per meet up. maybe 1$ a year is the best option. in order for this fee to work we need to bring in a lot more 3.5 or pathfinder.
Edward McGee
Bigguyinblack
Marietta, GA
Post #: 202
I presume the caused was caused to leave. The amount isn't really the issue. 1$ a year vs 5$ a year isn't that relevant. What matters is donation vs dues. The goal is the noise damping stuff for the walls. Rather then trying to charge all members a fee just set up a paypal link asking for donations and ask for donations at the beginning of each game.
Don't know one way or the other about 3.5 or Pathfinder. I do know Deadlands, D20, and GammaWorld all got players that don't normally sign up for games while I'm the only player signed up for 4.0 tomorrow so we obviously need a larger variety of games.
mike
dayminkaynin
Group Organizer
Dallas, GA
Post #: 232
no one is asking for donations. these are dues to found the rewards program.