addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Atlanta Gamers Guild Message Board General Discussion › Planned games and ideas for 2013?

Planned games and ideas for 2013?

Tony R.
user 12737073
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 41
K...so beyond January, my revised plan is to continue CoC (possibly in the Delta Green setting),
Also demos of:
Unknown Armies
Vampire (probably Masquerade, maybe Requiem)
Rippers (a Victorian "Savage Worlds" horror hame....think of the Van Helsing movie)

If they "take off", I'll pick one and alternate it with Cthulhu as on ongoing session.

Do you know when you'll start Delta Green, Paul?

Also, I didn't know you were into Savage Worlds. I've been playing Savage Worlds for the past 4 years.
Paul M.
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 151
Hi Tony,
Might go into DG as soon as February...I've got a bucketload of great material that just works better in the modern setting.

I haven't run Savage Worlds before so that'd be new for me...I do like Rippers especially though..looks fun!

I will also rerun the Unknown Armies "jailbreak" demo, and maybe another one that no-one has tried.
Tony R.
user 12737073
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 44
Hi Tony,
Might go into DG as soon as February...I've got a bucketload of great material that just works better in the modern setting.

I haven't run Savage Worlds before so that'd be new for me...I do like Rippers especially though..looks fun!

I will also rerun the Unknown Armies "jailbreak" demo, and maybe another one that no-one has tried.

I own Rippers, but I haven't gotten around to reading the book yet. It does look like a lot of fun! You might enjoy Realms of Cthulhu too. I think it's as good as it gets when it comes to so-called "pulp" cthulhu gameplay. (I think it would be a perfect match for Masks of Nyarlathotep or Shadows of Yog-Sothoth.)

I can't wait for DG!
Paul M.
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 152
I also must emphasize that if I do run Vampire (whatever version), the focus will be on the politics and backstabbing, rather than "angst".

Paul M.
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 153
Anyone ever played "Scion"? Sounds like a good concept...modern urban fantasy where you are children of gods.
Ross
user 3742193
Marietta, GA
Post #: 131
Anyone ever played "Scion"? Sounds like a good concept...modern urban fantasy where you are children of gods.

I've played it online via play by post forums and have some of it in pdf format. I would love to play it on the tabletop. I am a huge mythological / ancient history buff so that fit in real well with it.

I own a ton of White Wolf stuff, so if anyone would like to play Classic Storyteller or something let me know.

Walter C.
user 7465932
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 14
Walter, I'm new to meetup (and Atlanta). What is the best way to go about organizing a game? Find out who is interested and then nail down a time and location? I have some transportation issues to work out but would like to get something going for 2013.

Hi John,

I recommend setting up a new meeting with the date, time, details of the game campaign/setting, maximum number of players, etc. The way I know how to do it is to go to "Home" and "+Schedule a New Meetup," and see who signs up. You could also start a new discussion around the game you are interested in to gauge interest.
MarkFrankly
Mfrankly
Decatur, GA
Post #: 11
I'd love to get in a game, esp. Something old school maybe. I'd really like to get an earth dawn game going. I'm on the Decatur side of Atl.
Darius D
DariusD
Cumming, GA
Post #: 18
I'd love to get in a game, esp. Something old school maybe. I'd really like to get an earth dawn game going. I'm on the Decatur side of Atl.

Man, Earth Dawn is old school. I remember some of those systems being fun.

-

My goal this year is to cement together a fairly concrete/passionate group of Dungeons and Dragons players in/around the Cumming/Alpharetta area. I've just moved in the area and have my own place, so I'm working on setting up the "ultimate gaming room" with books and tables and a projector and such.

As a person who GMs from the perspective of a writer, I prefer running highly customized games that center on story and roleplay, and I'd love to find some people interested in some regular, immersive, character-driven stories.

All that said, would love meeting some locals and maybe trying out some of the gaming styles around the Atlanta area, too ;)
Sandy K.
user 66897092
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 7
Hi Paul!
Umm, I asked, and it looks like people want to do a Dresden Game, so likely starting the second Sunday of January I'm gonna be hosting Dresden Files game called Savannah Nights (Set in Savannah Georgia), umm, the first session would be character building and introducing people to the system (though it can be play and go later, I want to explain how it works in details for the first session and set some ground rules and get ideas with the players,). But yeah, also totally gonna come on Saturdays too for Delta Green.