The Atlanta Gamers Guild Message Board New Locations › Anyone OTP South atlanta?

Anyone OTP South atlanta?

Camille
user 13159559
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
Looking for a once month game? Adult? drop me a line, let's make it happen!

Call of Cthulhu, versions of D&D, whatever we can get the books for!

I can host in Jonesboro, I would prefer to round robin the hosting duties.
Jeff
user 20229881
Brooks, GA
Post #: 2
I'm in/near Fayetteville and I'm looking for a southside group.

I prefer old school D&D. I'd love some B/X, BECMI, 1E or OSRIC. Treefort could host, they are in Fayetteville.
Brian
user 6469016
Union City, GA
Post #: 63
Treefort would work for me when my work schedule allows for getting to the meetings. lso since it has been so long since my last post the 2 I am most interested in at this time is 2ed D&D and Rifts.
Jeff
user 20229881
Brooks, GA
Post #: 3
2E is a monster. Do you stick with the core stuff or do you supplement with the various books (Players Options, Complete <insert class here> Handbook, etc.)?

I grew up playing mostly 2E (Dragonlance...Taladas...and Dark Sun with a smattering of Birthright).

My love is for Basic D&D, but even then, I've house-ruled it into my own bastardization that I like :)

Never played Rifts, but it looks like it could be fun. I'm also interested in Stars Without Number (free PDF)
Brian H.
user 61339232
Marietta, GA
Post #: 7
Never played Rifts, but it looks like it could be fun. I'm also interested in Stars Without Number (free PDF)

I'm no longer on the south side, in Marietta now or else I would've joined you guys for some Sci-fi rpg's. Thanks alot for that link for Stars without Number. The basis for it is similar to my own mmorpg I designed called Force of Arms, very similar background story anf FTL travel etc. I have downloaded it and am going through it now at work, I'd be interested in playing this at the gigabytes store if anyone else is up for it there.
A former member
Post #: 27
Dudes - where have all of you been?!? I'm in Peachtree City - could definitely do some gaming at Treefort and/or Jonesboro... umm... especially if I end up staying in Atlanta. Also like Camille's answer on her profile - weekday gaming that ends before 11pm makes for a happy asian.
Brian
user 6469016
Union City, GA
Post #: 64
Jeff, to answer your question... I use the supplements but usually in a freelance style game world....

Also as a note here, I was down at treefort earlier today and it looks like I may be starting a Rifts game in about 2 weeks on Sundays. only got 1 that seems to be confirmed as a player but would like to try for a group of 3 to 5. Assuming my work schedule does not change again to ruin this. I'm willing to admit that i'm still rather inexperienced as a gm, but this seems the only way to get it going.
Jeff
user 20229881
Brooks, GA
Post #: 5
Also as a note here, I was down at treefort earlier today and it looks like I may be starting a Rifts game in about 2 weeks on Sundays. only got 1 that seems to be confirmed as a player but would like to try for a group of 3 to 5. Assuming my work schedule does not change again to ruin this. I'm willing to admit that i'm still rather inexperienced as a gm, but this seems the only way to get it going.
Sundays wouldn't work for me, unfortunately.

Dudes - where have all of you been?!? I'm in Peachtree City - could definitely do some gaming at Treefort and/or Jonesboro... umm... especially if I end up staying in Atlanta. Also like Camille's answer on her profile - weekday gaming that ends before 11pm makes for a happy asian.
Excellent!!! I dedicate my weekends to family, so Sundays and Saturdays are really not a viable option for me....but THUR nights could be a great option. Maybe not weekly...maybe bi-weekly. I'll try to meander over to Treefort sometime this weekend and ask about THUR nights.
Brian
user 6469016
Union City, GA
Post #: 65
The bad news is treefort is only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday..... if needing the detales for the shop it is www.treefortgames.com
Brian H.
user 61339232
Marietta, GA
Post #: 9
Just as a suggestion since I used to live down there, here's some places I can think of that could host.

Thomas Crossroads:

H J Wings & Things
10 F Thomas Grace Annex Lane, Sharpsburg, GA
(770) 502-1979

They do gaming nights for other groups already, nice little bar food atmosphere but can get loud unless you get a backroom table.

PTC:
Johnny's New York Style Pizza
494 Crosstown DrivePeachtree City, GA 30269
(770) 486-5480

Small area, but probably would love to have people in there through the week at night.

Fayetteville:
Stevi B's Pizza
107 Banks Station, Fayetteville, GA
Banks Station
(770) 460-1277 ()

Haven't been to this one but most Stevie's B's aren't busy through the week and love to have people in and a great selection of buffet pizza.

Wings & Things Restaurant
389 Glynn St. North Fayetteville, GA 30214-1653
(770) 460-6151

Great bar food and they already do game tournaments through the week sometimes.