align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

ALE-Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts Message Board General ALE Forum › He-man Windows Haters Club?

He-man Windows Haters Club?

A former member
Post #: 1
I think Alfalfa, Spanky and Buckwheat would be proud to join!

After our very excellent first meeting last night, I walked in to a Windows "Update" disaster this morning!

I have a third monitor that is hooked up via a USB dongle with USB drivers to complete the connection. During the Windows security update process, the update completely shredded this driver installation. So, I had to not only reboot for the updates, but uninstall the driver, reboot, install the driver, reboot, have Windows not recognize the driver, unplug the monitor USB, uninstall the driver, reboot, re-install the driver, reboot and finally got my monitor back. In the interim time, Java wants to install an update, which took even more time.

I got to the the office directly at 8:30 AM and did not get my desktop open to actually start work until just after 9:30 AM EST!

So, I am joining the He-man Windows Haters club today! :-)