Angwin Intermediate and Advanced Group Rides

Rain will cancel this meetup, and as of Monday night there's a 60% chance it will rain on Sunday.


Per Jordan's recommendation, the intermediate group will start with the 10 mile Howell Mountain Challenge course, while the advanced riders will do the 22 mile route of the Napa Valley Dirt Classic.

As always, helmet, mountain bike in excellent working order, water, electrolytes and food as needed is required. Be ready to roll at 10am and we'll see you there.

Join or login to comment.

  • Deb

    Decided to ride to Bodega and had a nice adventure. Saw my teammate Bill Singer on the creek trail with his beloved peeps~:) but flooding was everywhere, so I had to start taking detours pretty early on. Worst of it was just outside Graton and then an unexpected section on Coleman Valley that I should have walked, but somehow made it through (almost pulled another Boggs mud puddle there.) Was warm enough until the top of Coleman Valley where the wind just took it out of me, but managed to make it to The Tides before calling Roger for help, who brought me a towel and toasty clothes to change into with an ELECTRIC BLANKET all warmed up and waiting for me in the truck before taking me home. THANK YOU, SWEETIE!!!!~;D

    1 · February 9

  • Deb

    Thanks Jordan for the report. We'll reschedule this ride to a later and hopefully drier date.

    February 8

  • Jordan Coonrad

    Currently the weather is calling for 80% chance of rain of up to 1" for Sunday. It's been pouring here all day. I'm thinking the ground will be pretty saturated by morning making for generally unpleasant riding conditions in the area. I think we should cancel and reschedule for another time......
    Sorry Deb, we are way past the light steady drizzle stage.

    February 8

  • Aldy

    It's been raining non stop in Angwin. Maybe next time.

    February 8

    • Darin

      I agree. It's been pouring here the last two days. I would be happy to take a rain check and lead a ride and a drier day.

      February 8

  • Deb

    I am desperate to get in a decent ride this weekend and would be willing to ride in a light rain/steady drizzle...anyone else? Also, for the stronger intermediates, I was planning on doing a 2nd lap to get in at least 20 miles.

    February 5

    • Bob O.

      I'm desperate to. But it's a soaker this weekend. No point.

      February 8

  • Deb

    Darin and Jordan, not sure how well these trails drain and was wondering if we should consider Oat Hill Mine as a backup plan? It would seem to drain well.

    February 5

    • Deb

      Thanks, Darin! just keep us posted and we can always make a last minute change to OHM Sunday morning if needed. Rain will cancel this ride officially, but i will gladly lead a hearty CMF contingent otherwise for our hardcore.

      February 5

    • Deb

      If we do OHM, we will do the out and back to Aetna Springs. Anyone have specifics on mileage and elevation gain? I think it's between 16-18 miles with most of the approx 2,500-3,000ft elev gain in the first four miles???

      February 5

  • Deb

    Okay peeps, our ride is on...provided Sunday is rainfree. I'm really looking forward to this and I want to extend my thanks to both Darin and Jordan for offering to lead the different groups!

    February 3

1 went

  • Deb
    Tank Girl, Assistant Organizer
    Event Host


$0.01 Each MeetUp

This covers:

Payment is accepted using:

  • Cash or check - “You buy 1st round of beers at Ale Works...

Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.

People in this
Meetup are also in:


Does your area need a Meetup Group like this?

We'll help you find just the right people to join.

Start a Meetup Group

Log in

Not registered with us yet?

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy