ARARITA San Diego Thelema Meetup Message Board › A Discussion dedicated to starting more discussion (badly needed)

A Discussion dedicated to starting more discussion (badly needed)

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 10
Friends;
I find myself very disturbed by my experience here. First, I was very excited to see such a long list of people interested in Aleister Crowley's work, studies, and revelations. The first forthcoming meetup was too soon for me to make plans, so I did not attend. Then I realized that few people did. Then I noticed that a lot of the long list of people interested in this subject were no longer around, and then I realized that on this site, little conversation was taking place. Certainly, that seemed wrong, so I decided to post a lot of things to intrigue some conversation out of you. Even posting a challenge, whose purpose was to set up a controversial confession of my own about Crowley. Not time yet anyway. But still no response. So what is actually going on? My challenge was to provoke an interest in well known people encountering actual spirit manifestations. I have been to the encounter depicted in what Elizabeth Kubler-Ross was describing (or would have if you checked on my challenge): I have physically encountered the entity known as Mario, and can personally attest to this spirit phenomena, and even confess my concerns about it. This was my way of making preparations to reveal more. If I do so now, while you are not yet sufficiently aware of me to hold me in some respect or at least curiosity, I except you will develop contempt for an outrageous assertion on my part. So I am conflicted. I do not want to get into a pissing contest (to put it into sexist jargon, with apologies), but I think that is what may happen, my assertion is so outrageous, but I personally still believe my yet unheard claims. But what is still needed here is life, by way of speech, by way of short or long messages and postings of images and files, with someone noticing them, and making a response. It's called conversation, and is sadly lacking, and cannot be fully remedied by an occasional face to face encounter for which conversation is the only meaningful preparation. With that said, I think I'll wait to see if this provokes any rational discussion. But then, "Do what thou wilt...."
To quote Omar Khayam "Come fill the cup, and in the fire of Spring, the Winter garment of repentence fling, for the bird of time has but a little way to fly, and Lo! The bird is on the wing" This last comment is significant for me, since I started studying Crowley 40 years ago, when I was in my 20s. I'm now 62, and don't have another 40 years to begin engaging in 'conversation.' I have posted two significant images of myself--aura photographs--taken when I was about 32. Notice in the one that is full face, in the aura above my head is an image which appears to be caused by something in my aura above my head. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Sadly, the picture is faily small. I might comment later, or this might be my Swan Song (i.e. final comments before I depart). If you want to comment privately, I think I hid an email address somewhere. Do what thou wilt...."
A former member
Post #: 11
This is an extract I acquired, but I do not know from what source. I kept it as it included a Thelemic link with a UFO experience of my own. --Dromadus

I asked Grady McMurty if Aleister Crowley had ever said anything to him implying the extraterrestrial theory which Kenneth Grant, Outer Head of another Ordo Templi Orientis, implies in his accounts of Crowley's contacts with Higher Intelligences." Some of the things Aleister said to me," Grady replied carefully, "could be interpreted as hints pointing that way." He went on to quote Crowley's aphorisms about various of the standard entities contacted by Magick. The Abramelin spirits, for instance, need to be watched carefully. "They bite," Aleister explained in his best deadpan am-I-kidding-or-not? style. The Enochian "angels," on the other hand, don't always have to be summoned. "When you're ready, they come for you," Aleister said flatly. Crowley also figures in one of the seminal (ahem) incidents in this murky, bizarre field. The most discussed episode is Crowley's alleged contact with an entity known as LAM as part of his "Amalantrah Working" -- an occult process designed to facilitate "the establishment of contact with non-human intelligences." Instead of rehashing this story here, I will point the reader to this article. Googling Crowely and LAM will yield many variations of what is essentially the same account. The concept of UFOs as egregores is also worthy of exploration. The following defintion is excerpted from Gaetan Delaforgem's article in Gnosis:

An egregore is a kind of group mind which is created when people consciously come together for a common purpose. (Personal Note: Hey guys, let's be an Egregore) Whenever people gather together to do something and egregore is formed, but unless an attempt is made to maintain it deliberately it will dissipate rather quickly. However if the people wish to maintain it and know the techniques of how to do so, the egregore will continue to grow in strength and can last for centuries. An egregore has the characteristic of having an effectiveness greater than the mere sum of its individual members. It continuously interacts with its members, influencing them and being influenced by them. The interaction works positively by stimulating and assisting its members but only as long as they behave and act in line with its original aim. It will stimulate both individually and collectively all those faculties in the group which will permit the realization of the objectives of its original program. If this process is continued a long time the egregore will take on a kind of life of its own, and can become so strong that even if all its members should die, it would continue to exist on the inner dimensions and can be contacted even centuries later by a group of people prepared to live the lives of the original founders, particularly if they are willing to provide the initial input of energy to get it going again.

I offer this information as food for thought, not because I can assert that it is truth, or even partially true. But I cannot deny my own experience, which has convinced me that, at least in part, the UFO phenomenon interacts with humans on a psychic (i.e. non-physical) level -- the level of dreams, synchronicity, and consciousness.

(A private note: in my UFO experience, I have came to this conclusion when I first saw it, it may have been “trolling” for recognition. When I was a successful ‘catch’ it made a conscious display for me personally, then departed. What meaning this can have is unknown to me…
fred
user 10019627
San Diego, CA
Post #: 31
Thank you. This information is new to me. I hope others choose to interact with you
A former member
Post #: 12
Thank you. This information is new to me. I hope others choose to interact with you

Thank you very kindly. I hope so too...
IAO131
user 6678540
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
93 Stephen,

This website was never meant to be a place for discussions in the sense of a normal forum but rather a site to allow people to know about upcoming meetings. The discussion was intended to be in person at different meetups in the classes, lectures, discussions, etc. For the time being, it seems that ARARITA is no longer having any meetups so you came at an inopportune time. You can still contact people and I can help you get in contact with some people that might still be interested in having a group to talk about things, but ARARITA is no longer a Camp in Formation of the OTO and I dont think there will be any meetups under the name for the forseeable future. Hope that makes things a little more clear.

93 93/93
A former member
Post #: 23
Yes indeed. The only problem is that I have been hungry to have communication with like minded people, so I apologize if I have been a little gung-ho.

Stephen
IAO131
user 6678540
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
93 - Right. Nothing wrong about being gung ho. Im just saying that only the people who find this website through the internet & whoever is coordinating events for ARARITA looks at this page so dont expect to find a community of discussion here. It was a placeholder for physically-held events - to let people know about it. If you want, I can let you know about a few people around your area you could start discussion groups with.

93 93/93
A former member
Post #: 28
Thank you for the information IAO131, I appreciate it. My current efforts have been to upload chapters of books about Crowley and some of his writings as well. I think I have added some useful information, some from works that were published 35 or 40 years ago, and may be unavailable to many now. It has been a fun task for me to dig through old chapters of books on my shelves. I hope it is useful to some, but if not, I am enjoying myself. Thanks again for your information and courtesy. Stephen
Sacha
user 12604089
Carlsbad, CA
Post #: 2

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, we are officially a Camp-in-Formation again and hold regular events in the San Diego area. Definitely alive and well :)

93 93/93