ARTCODE Message Board › Art and Technology Exhibit

Art and Technology Exhibit

Sung
user 4860856
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 7

Hi there,

I am the Curator at the Langley Centennial Museum in Fort Langley. I am interested in hosting an exhibit next summer at my Museum that represents how technology has influenced art. I would very much like to have your group submit works and/or discuss ideas for this exhibit.

Exhibit Prospectus: The interaction between machine and man will be transported into the Museum’s 1500 sq/feet gallery through canvases, sculptures, installations, and projections. Whether artists embrace the binary codes of our mechanized world or reject them, they are tasked with representing technology and machines through their art. The exhibit will be made up of approximately 40 pieces, from various mediums. Visitors will be encouraged to engage with the art and decide for themselves how technology has impacted their lives.
The main objective is to foster interaction and interchange between man’s art and the inspiration of machines while giving the public a chance to participate in the instantaneous nature of the voting process.

Please let me know your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jane Lemke