add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Arkansas Society of Freethinkers Message Board Videos › Why Evolution is True...Hitchens, Harris, Wolpe

Why Evolution is True...Hitchens, Harris, Wolpe

Brad N.
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 9

Be sure to click on the fab debate when you have a spare hour.

Love that rabbinical quote: "The sage is not in paradise, paradise is in the sage!"
Roger H.
user 13158720
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 15
I love a good smack-down, and I feel fortunate to have many fine gladiators in our generational arena. However, I am "sick and tired" of arguing over "the truth". For my money, "truth" and "certainty" only really exist in religion. (One of the most popular mascots in all of science is the uncertain kitty, no?)

I would rather compare the predictive power of our various understandings.

Of course, I'm sure there are many who cannot be reached without certainty, so I will leave it to the gladiators to preach the word of Dig. I feel such a direct assault polarizes folks and pushes away moderates.

Would I like for everyone to think? Surely.

But as long as they don't bunch up with torches and pointy sticks, I'm good.
Brad N.
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 10
I like the way you think.