Arkansas Society of Freethinkers Message Board Local Breaking News › OMG we're surrounded: 9 Bills to Put Creationism in Classroom

OMG we're surrounded: 9 Bills to Put Creationism in Classroom

A former member
Post #: 26

http://motherjones.co...­

Tennessee, Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Florida & New Mexico. Yup. We are surrounded.

Thankfully, some of them died in committee, but there's still a few possible new laws being kicked around.
Brad N.
Brad_Norwood
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 28
In this situation, Custer would probably feel comfortable.

Creationism has the Hebrew Bible as its source.

In a proper course, those mythologies are clearly traceable to Eqyptian and Mesopotamian mythologies.

Genesis is almost line for line out of the Egyptian Papyrus texts as well as the thousands of Babylonian cunieform tablets.

Exodus is fabricated on real events in Egypt especially the writings about Amenmesses(MOSES), his Pharoah father(real father!), the fact that Amenmesse chose the tale of the infant found flowing in the Nile as his own to show he was selected by Amun, or the god of creation(Amun made by the invisible, unknowable Nun);

Without a doubt, we can reconstruct much of the Hebrew Bible from these Eqyptian and Babylonian writings; we must remain aware of the timeline. The Hebrew Bible was put together at the time of the Babylonian captivity circa 586 BCE. Moses and the Exodus stories were orally transmitted, or present on the writings of Egyptian priests circa 1200BCE.

It is as if whatever happened in the USA since 1492 until today was oral tradition and a few scribblings on papyrus; then the history, culture, religions, people of the USA were committed to paper with no evidence other than those massively mutated oral communications.

I'm convinced the Ark of the Covenant was a chest similar to the one in Tutankhamen's tomb. It's purpose was to hold the established laws of Eqypt as written down, or, more simply, transported from the libraries of Thebes by Moses/Amenmesse.
Of course, that Ark would be important as it contained the information needed to organize a new community away from Eqypt.

No excavation is permitted today on the Temple Mount by Jews, Christians and Muslims.
It has nothing to do with "sacredness"; it is a political move by these religions.
Excavation would shed to much light on the bible and leave these religions groundless.

Profound misery was certainly created recently with the story of Asherah as Yahweh's mistress/wife, which is why she was condemned in Kings. Since Kings demanded all images of Asherah to removed from the Temple and destroyed, one would be curious about the reason that she was placed in the Temple for centuries alongside Yahweh, or Baal.
BTW, Baal was not the name of a Philistine god!
"Baal" translates to "husband".
Middle Easter women presently call their husbands baal in their own languages.

Perhaps this is what started inequality for women: men were called baal, and the bible said Baal was a god!!!! I'm not serious here!

There is an OldTestament series (not Dale Martin) that covers the archaelogy; it is wonderful...explaining the destruction of Jericho centuries before the Israilites ever laid eyes on it....showing statuettes of Yahweh with his wife Asherah(look out DollyParton!!!)

The original sites of the alleged Sodom and Gomorrah are being excavated very close to the sites mentioned in the bible. It's an exciting read: in fact, the original name of one of those towns was clearly corrupted into Gomorrah. The town walls imploded. Skeletons (really!!) of sentries were found under the collapsed guard towers. The outer walls were blackened. A lovely mystery that sounds a lot like the area was hit by a meteorite. I'd love to hear about a search for an impact crater under the Dead Sea.

There is plenty of green glass in the area, which is sand exposed to great heat; it is found around impact sites; wonder if anyone has checked for iridium which is also a product of meteor impacts.

When i think of Moses staff turning into a snake and consuming all other snakes, it simply amazes me; Pharoah Amenmesse worshipped the copper snake. At Hathor, he destroyed his half-brother's sacred cow images(the golden calf), and set up the copper snake for worship; How do we know? The pillar of the copper snake was turned upside down so that the defaced images of the sacred cow were in the ground.
Archaeologists have so much fun...imagine the gal who made this discovery.

Yes.
I knowingly repeat myself in many areas of this discussion board. Hope it isn't a turn off, but I want to make sure that you can go to the sources yourself.

I would not be astonished if Aaron or Joshua are based on historical figures that came centuries after Moses; certainly, Amenmesse/Moses had a brother Seti I, but the two were in constant conflict until Seti I finally booted half-bro Moses out of Egypt.
Did I mention that archaeologists found evidence of Moses interment in the Valley of the Kings in the tomb of his Pharoah father?
Right. He didn't simply die before reaching the promised land; he went back home, or his body was taken home for a proper Pharoah's burial.