addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Arkansas Society of Freethinkers Message Board Local Breaking News › Bible study approved by House

Bible study approved by House

Dave B.
user 13155367
Sherwood, AR
Post #: 78
Arkansas Blog
Posted by Max Brantley on Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM

HB 1032, Rep. Denny Altes' bill to encourage more teaching of the Bible in public schools -- ostensibly in a strictly academic fashion, but Altes himself says he doesn't believe in keeping religion out of government — passed the House today 71-16. The roll call will be at this link before long.

Link to article

House roll call is posted: See how your representative voted

Brad N.
Brad_Norwood
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 29
http://www.fox16.com/...­

Article comments by StarrHunter(me).
A former member
Post #: 16
So I guess we continue with home school upon our return. :( I would not mind if they taught a comparative religion study in schools, taught objectively of course, but this is just disappointing.
Jeff P.
user 59450402
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 1
*sigh*

They will not give up. This will "probably" not become law, but even if it is passed by the Senate and signed into law, it will promptly be overturned by the courts.

By the bye, does it bother anyone else that the Arkansas State Legislature has a table on each member of the house's personal page for "Church Affiliation"? Why do we care, and why does the legislature believe this is important information to convey to the citizens of Arkansas?