Arkansas Society of Freethinkers Message Board Local Breaking News › Might need help for an atheist billboard in little rock!!!!

Might need help for an atheist billboard in little rock!!!!

A former member
Post #: 1
Okay so I contacted the American Humanist Association the other day in order to find out if we can get an atheist billboard in little rock or the surrounding area. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I might need some help I don't know with what yet, but I thought I would just give a heads up because I feel that it could be a huge thing...
thanks
I'll keep everyone updated and message anyone details if they request.

stay classy
-Mark
George S
user 13502116
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 157
Good to hear.
Let me know anyway I can help.
George
628-7122
A former member
Post #: 2
Although i would like to help i can't support a project that would promote discrimination against another group of people. This is depicted by the rationale below.

Based on the video tonight here in Fayetteville, Ar on 40/29 news displays the wrong message about atheists. A gentlemen talk about the intention of the billboards to combat Christians and basically commits libel by claim that they are trying to lie, and force those lies on other people. This is libel and defomation based on the fact: 1.) This atheist supporter can not prove that all chrisitians lie 2.) That the intention of all chrisitians are to force there believes all other people in the form of lies. There is also a discrimination aspect to this claim in the video. By directly showcasing christian relgion. He in no way address Hanukkah or Kwanzaa which are very similiar in the idea of gifts and feasts. I don't understand why the atheist are complain about christian holiday items and stories being told as economically it make since to sell to the biggest consumer group which in the united states happens to be Christians so they hold the biggest shelf space in stores as they can produce the most sells for the store. This is basic economics sorry when you run a business your goal is to make money. any questions fill free to post and will discuss them.