Robert S.
user 13193557
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 4
Some of us at the summer solstice meetup today were thinking of some other possible meetup activities and we all agreed we'd like to make "Tales of the South", at The Starving Artist, a future meetup activity.

In case you didn't know, Southern stories are told/read by their creators in front of a live audience (that would be you) in The Starving Artist Cafe, then syndicated and broadcast on KUAR and other public radio stations. You can hear the broadcasts on Thurs evening on 89.1 KUAR, if you're interested. In addition to the stories, you also get Mark Simpson playing some fine delta slide guitar and for the next two shows, The Salty Dogs playing their Bakersfield retro-country! It's a $5 cover, plus whatever you eat or drink! Dinner is from 5:00 - 6:30 and show starts at 7:00. Very entertaining show and I think it would make for a great evening if you like that kind of thing!

Before we put this up as a Meetup event, how many of you would commit to going to the show? Possible dates would be a special show on Monday 6/25, Tuesday 6/26, or Tuesday 7/3. You can look at the schedule and other info at: http://www.talesfromt...­

Of those interested, which date would you prefer?
PS: The food is really good and so is the music, and of course the stories, too! Let me know if you'd be interested and on what date.
Robert Schafer

PS: Would anyone be interested in doing lunch at Star of India before our Sunday Library meeting as a meetup? It's located at Markham and Shakelford in West LR. Buffet is $8.99 with plenty of vegetarian offerings, beef, chicken, goat, fish all in delicious Indian sauces! Would you attend it if it was a meetup option?
A former member
Post #: 5
Robert,

I had the same idea. I posted a Meetup for June 26 on the YSP site this morning. http://www.meetup.com...­

Feel free to cross post it here. :-)

Kat
A former member
Post #: 1
I will be at Camp Quest in Oklahoma this upcoming week or I would definitely opt for June 26. Thanks for posting this Robert.
donna
user 26961862
Little Rock, AR
Post #: 1
I am interested in going. June 26 is ok or another Tuesday if that doesn't work.
A former member
Post #: 6
I tried to post an event to the calendar, but it seems as though the group organizers have disallowed that function.

Que sera.

June 26, 2012 - Dinner is served from 5:00-6:30 and the show starts at 7:00. Tickets MUST be purchased in advance at http://www.talesfromt...­

Benefitting the Arkansas Chuggabugs
A Sense of Adventure
Alan Eastham, Julia Nall, and Alan Reese
Music by The Salty Dogs
Blues Guitarist Mark Simpson

*** Please buy your tickets ASAP and post a comment confirming your purchase. I need to get a list of attendants to Paula forthwith so she can seat everyone together.