March 22, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
7 day spring cycling camp. This will be at Citrus Cycling for our Spring Training Camp 22-29 March.
Citrus Cycling is a cycling and multi sport establishment, run by cyclists for cyclists, catering for all ages and abilities or those who just want to enjoy the great outdoors. They are based on the North Costa Blanca region of Spain, just outside of Denia. This is a fantastic area for cycling and with many of the world’s top professional cycling teams basing themselves here for their winter training camps. Triathletes can take advantage of the warm Mediterranean sea for their swimming which is only 9km from Benidoleig. Citrus Cycling’s aim is to be flexible to guests’ needs, catering for individuals, clubs or groups.
Accommodation is in villas, and in late March there are LOTS of villas, so lots of space. The main villa takes 8, then there is another villa just around the corner that takes another 8, so we can have a good sized group.
Benidoleig, just outside Denia, on the Costa Blanca, in Spain. (Where it should be warm, sunny, and NO wind at this time of the year). Perfect for pre-spring classics.
7 nights - 6 days guided riding Euro 360PP
Attendees (14 in total). Space is limited. So far we have:
Cars and transfers:
- I would suggest we rent 4 small cars and use the Citrus Cycling transfer service for Euro 170 for up to 7 people. At the end split the rental car and transfer costs between us. It will be good to have some cars for evening meals and also if some people want to do something different, i.e. - swim or visit a tourist site. (Not sure why you would want to do either when we are on a bike holiday but anyway… :))
- Leah and I have rented a car but with bike boxes it will only fit us + our 2 bikes.
- Julio - you will need to be a car renter for the earlier transfer back to the airport.
- Book them yourself into either Valcenia or Alicante. There are not many direct options.
- Leah and I have booked the following Transavia flights.
- Note we check out of Citrus Cycling on Saturday 29th, and Leah and I will spend Saturday night in Alicante.
Sat 22 Mar 2014
Amsterdam - Alicante
arrival at: 09:35
Flight Number: HV 6143
Most people are flying back on Saturday out of Alicante.
Let Hamish know if you are interested in joining. Space is limited.