add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

ATL Pick-up Soccer - play for fun Message Board › fridays? Blackburn Park?

fridays? Blackburn Park?

A former member
Post #: 13
Has anyone check out Blackburn Park (off Ashford-dunwoody road in north east ATL) on Friday nights? does anyone know if there is any room available there to play and/or if there are lights? I purchased some portable pop-up goals and want to start playing on Fridays evenings somewhere in north-atlanta!

Brian C
user 11394391
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
It is usually open. There are 3 fields. No lights....
Another even better field in the area is Hammond Park. It is a new artificial grass field with lights..(not turf, looks like real grass) This field is off Hammond Drive and Glenridge dr.
Scott T.
user 12087317
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
What time did you want to play, Marina?
A former member
Post #: 4
I second Hammond park...the field is brand new,and it's really well lit...never been to Blackburn park though,so can't say anything about it
A former member
Post #: 14
it sucks that Blackburn doesn't have lights, maybe we can use that in the summer because there is lots of room and parking. I was thinking around 6:30 pm on fridays. I've been to Hammond park once and it looked pretty crowded and parking was tight, but it's a great location. I will be very busy the next few weeks so this idea is on hold for now! (feel free to start without me though :) thanks for all the replies tho!