add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

AZ Raw Food Message Board Upcoming RAW Events › Granite slab cutting boards and countertops

Granite slab cutting boards and countertops

Joan S.
user 13887518
Prescott, AZ
Post #: 1
I recently heard the new kitchen decor is granite countertops and cutting boards.
However, some of these are not food safe and granite can give off certain chemicals.
As raw fooders, I thought we should become aware of this issue.
Does anyone have more information on this topic or know where we can learn what
is safe and what is not?
Thanks, Joan
kristen t.
user 11842829
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 31
oohhh... fabulous discussion topic
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 12­

This website talks about granite possibly releasing radioactive radon gas. It appears that most granite releases the gas and some at more dangerous levels than others. I have heard about this before. They sure look nice and they are very expensive. If I was going to get them I would research this a little more. Granite cutting boards sound like a less than excellent idea because they will dull your knives.