This will be an easy 3-mile hike. However, "easy" doesn't mean it's all flat. There will be some inclines to deal with, but they will be very gradual and less than 100 ft. in elevation. The hike will take roughly 1 hour. Temps should be in the 70's.
It will start to get dark toward the end of the hike. You may want to bring a flashlight. Be sure to bring at least 1 liter of water.
After the hike we can hang out down the street at Cactus Jack's if people are up for it. It's in the plaza at the SW corner of 48th St. and Elliot, on the west side of the plaza. We can have some drinks there and also play pool for free.
DIRECTIONS TO THE TRAIL:
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. Take your third left after Piedmont onto a small street (S. 48th St).
4. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
5. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot. We'll be at the north shelter (on the right).