This will be an easy 3-mile hike under the full moon. However, "easy" doesn't mean it's all flat. There will be some inclines to deal with, but they will be very gradual and less than 100 ft. in elevation. The hike will take roughly 90 minutes.
Bring a flashlight or headlamp and be sure to bring at least 1 liter of water.
How to find us: We'll be at the north shelter (on the right). Hike starts at 6:45. It's a good idea to get there a little early for parking.
After the hike we can hang out down the street at Cactus Jack's if people are up for it. It's in the plaza at the SW corner of 48th St. and Elliot, on the west side of the plaza. We can have some drinks there and also play pool for free.
DIRECTIONS TO THE TRAIL:
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. Take your third left after Piedmont onto a small street (S. 48th St).
4. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
5. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot. We'll be at the north shelter (on the right).
Moon rises at 6:07pm. Sun sets at 7:28pm.
Dogs are always welcome!