Park in the parking lot and meet underneath the ramada at the start of the trail-head. Please be on time I will leave at 8:15am.
I am looking to go at a brisk pace.
Getting there: From Lincoln Drive in Phoenix, between 24 and 22nd Streets, take Squaw Peak Drive north and straight into the mountain preserve.
Length: 1.2 miles.
Level of difficulty: Difficult.
Tips: - Wear hiking shoes. You'll walk through rocky areas with loose gravel.
- Take plenty of water even in winter.
- Don't leave valuables in the car.
- Expect the trail to be crowded on weekends during nice weather, and most days shortly after sunrise.
- Pets are not allowed on the Summit Trail but are allowed on other trails in the park.
- Parking can be difficult. Cars line up waiting for open spaces. Get in line - there is a high turnover of cars and you won't wait long.