addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Aboriginal Skills Message Board › Aboriginal Skills/Wilderness Skills Class This Coming Tuesday, June 19th, 9:

Aboriginal Skills/Wilderness Skills Class This Coming Tuesday, June 19th, 9:30AM until 5:00PM.

Jim R.
user 50041262
Group Organizer
Santa Monica, CA
Sorry about the short notice folks, but I'm not that computer hip and am still trying to figure out how to post a meetup on my event page!  In the meanwhile I'll just use this email and hopefully you will receive it in time for you to attend this next class on Tuesday, June 19th.  Here goes:

You, your family, and friends are invited to join me Jim Robertson in the foothills of the La Canada/Flintridge area for an all day Aboriginal/Wilderness Shills Class.

The focus of this class will be a plant walk/nature awareness walk.  We will be identifying and sampling wild plants for various uses such as food, medicine and utilitarian.  We will discuss and practice wild harvest techniques using consciousness, integrity, and plant communication.  We will focus on the Yucca Plant and if time and materials are available, we may practice twining, sandal making, basketry, and soap making, all with the Yucca Plant.  We will likely observe a primitive shelter and discuss shelter building as well.

Aboriginal Fire Making will be demonstrated with opportunity for smudging.  Remember, all of these skills are pathways to a deeper connection/relationship with our natural environment and ourselves.

NOTE: DETAILED DIRECTIONS TO LOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED UPON RSVP.  ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER FORM PRIOR TO START OF CLASS.

COST: $20. PER PERSON DONATION, CASH PREFERRED, PRIOR TO START OF CLASS.

TO REGISTER CONTACT SOPHIA WONG AT: SOPHIAWONG4@YAHOO.COM OR CALL 818-321-2819 (OR CALL ME JIM AT 310-395-0943)... ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

Inclement weather never cancels, it is an integral part of our learning.  Sorry, no dogs.