Albuquerque Movies & Entertainment Message Board › Our Standards & Philosophy

Our Standards & Philosophy

This message board is read-only.

Jared
user 3818525
Group Organizer
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 275
To be honest I request common sense and common courtesy. We are all responsible for our own behavior in the group.

I welcome your respectful, constructive and polite feedback for us all to benefit from your wisdom, learn from each other and improve our group.

Here is my official guide for this group.

Albuquerque Movies & Entertainment is here to serve a wide variety of individuals in the ultimate goal of making friends, building community and being social in a positive, respectful way.

We are not a singles group designed to find you your perfect mate. We're here to be social and meet new people of a common interest. Meeting your Mister or Miss Right within the Albuquerque Movies & Entertainment community is good (we want you to be happy!). This is a respectful, comfortable and relaxed environment for singles, couples, those looking for relationships and those not looking for a relationship to enjoy. I want you to enjoy a pleasant social environment. I ask you keep this in mind, use common sense, courtesy and do your best.

Organizers:

Your organizers, myself included, are here for the same reason you are. To do fun things, socialize, enjoy events and be happy. We are your peers, we are your friends who want to provide us all with a great experience and we are volunteers. Organizers lead group events. I sincerely appreciate our organizer's efforts.

As your organizer I do my best to lead our Albuquerque Movies & Entertainment group in a positive direction.

Drama is Not Acceptable:

We need to be aware of what we can do to make our group great.

Drama is discouraged for the purpose of making our group enjoyable for everyone. I want to have fun and you should feel the same.

Get a bunch of people together and occasionally we bump heads or have some conflict. I've found that time resolves issues, we're not perfect (myself included), and hopefully we will grow to be better off for the experience. I'm optimistic that in time positive attitudes prevail, all becomes well and we should want to be happy. :-)

What I would like is your feedback in the form of a healthy, polite discussion to help me refine and make our group better or to clarify some things.

I am appreciative of you taking the time to join us and welcome constructive input.

If you have a specific concern please privately contact an organizer.

Questions or Concerns? ­Talk To Me
Jason
user 3764588
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 4
This is an excellent post on the subject. Thanks, Jared.
Cynthia N.
CRNagel
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 1
Thank you for posting this!

I have not joined a group outing yet, but like seeing your activities, and love movies. Actually, I haven't been to any meetup outing yet, because I have been a little shy about it! Having read your post, I think I would feel comfortable attending now because I see what you intend to be about. Although I am single, I don't want to be looked upon or perceived that I am there to "meet someone", and I appreciate that you all just want to be friends and participate in fun events.

Thanks!
Cyndi
HerMahjesty
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 14
Jared - very nicely stated. You organize an excellent group and all your work is appreciated!
A former member
Post #: 72
All I can say is THANK YOU for posting this it is appreciated. Good job Jared and all of the Organizers of this group.biggrin
Jared
user 3818525
Group Organizer
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 336
I think it's all pretty common sense type stuff.

What do you think?
A former member
Post #: 74
I concur!

Jared it is "common sense" however, I appreciate that you put this in writing as a reminder to all.

Thanks for all you and your Organizers do.

You have a GREAT group!