Welcome to the Acoustic Music Community!
We are a supportive community of musicians living all over the greater Denver/Boulder area, who meet regularly for a variety of music-centered activities including song circles, jams, performances, musical pot-lucks, song-writing sessions, and instructional groups. Events are held in numerous locations around Denver & Boulder, including private homes, churches and local businesses. Members are encouraged to host their own events, or suggest new events.
We encourage you to RSVP and attend an upcoming event, to develop and share your skills, play/sing/jam with other musicians, make new friends, and learn new songs. All levels of musicians are welcome, from beginner to professional, as are all types of musicians, including guitarists, singers, percussionists, fiddlers, bassists, and pianists. Many types of music are played from bluegrass to rock, and members can post chord and lyric sheets for songs under http://www.meetup.com/Acoustic-Music-Commun... [MORE --> FILES] to share with other members.
Member dues of $5 a year are requested, to help pay website fees, buy basic sound equipment for our group’s performances, and have at least one really great party/jam/hootenanny a year. Most events are free to attend, but some may have an associated cost, particularly instructional events and some performances. We also ask that you support the local businesses that host our events by purchasing food & drinks if applicable.
The goals of this group are to:
• Make friends around our shared love of music
• Improve our musical skills
• Improve our self-confidence
• Encourage each other to reach our musical goals
• Develop an appreciation for various genres including traditional and contemporary blues, folk, rock, pop, country, jazz, bluegrass and world music.
• Provide information about the local music scene where members can perform and enjoy listening to others.