Do you want to be more active, but don’t know where to start? Do you want to walk, hike, go camping, try kayaking or stand up paddleboarding, but don’t want to do it alone? Do you want to try new things or explore parks and urban areas with friendly people? Do you like live music, wineries, and other fun activities that get you out of the house and active? Then you’re in the right place! This is an inclusive group for people of ALL activity levels!
Being active isn’t just about exercising, though. It’s about getting out there and meeting people, expanding your horizons, and feeding your soul. Ticking off the little things on your bucket list. Bucket lists don’t have to be about hiking the Inca trail or scaling Everest. For some people, it can be about attending an event at the Kauffman Center, taking a walk at the Arboretum in every season, trying an activity they've never done before, or just taking time on a regular basis to get together with friends.
Join us in living each day to the fullest, trying new things, being adventurous, meeting new people, and having a blast!
• If you own a kayak, SUP or canoe and are looking for regularly-scheduled paddling activities and special events, check out PADDLE KC: Kayaking & SUP group.
AND NOW FOR THE SERIOUS STUFF - information you need to know about participating in activities with this group...
Meetup.com's terms of service include liability waivers for both the platform, organizers, and their designees. If you have questions about liability, please re-read meetup.com’s terms of service. You agreed to it in order to use this site. In general, it says that if an organizer or any member places a event on the calendar and you get injured or suffer a loss at it, then the platform, organizers and designees assume no fault. Additionally, by joining this group, you agree to assume all risks associated with the activities you choose to participate in.
This is a group of people who like to do all kinds of indoor and outdoor activities. The Organizer (Christy) pays the fees to keep the group running on the meetup site, and members are welcome to suggest and host activities of interest.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
• Participate in a positive way. Be safe, be responsible, be respectful. This ensures the best experience for us all.
• Use a photo OF YOUR FACE on your group profile. No distant shots, group photos, or covered faces that don't enable us to easily recognize you when we look at your photo on the site or in the Meetup phone app. If you do not want to be recognized and remembered by members and hosts, this is not the group for you.
• Read and follow event instructions and requirements. If you do not read info provided, and cause unnecessary hassles for event hosts or other members, you will be removed from the group.
• Honor your RSVPs. Seriously. Don't RSVP if you can't come. If you thought you could come and your plans change, then change your RSVP to NO. We regularly remove from the group those who frequently no-show (sign up and then don't attend), or those who are inactive and never attend events.
• Don't use our events to try to sell stuff to other members, or to promote another Meetup group’s events. Just show up and enjoy the experience and good company.
Bottom line is...we're here to have fun and meet people. Please join us as we make the most of it.