February 22, 2014 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Get a taste of Brazilian Carnaval through dancing, live music (Batucada, Samba, Tropicalia, and other Brazilian beats), delicious food and drinks, and marketplace. Doors open at 7pm followed by a FREE samba lesson at 7:30. Join us for the unforgettable experience of Brazilian Carnaval! Sold out for the past 4 years!
Purchase discounted tickets and save time @ www.RioCharlotte.com
• Dandara will light up our stage with her exceptional voice and vibrant dance and performance style
• Malandro Soul from Charleston, SC brings popular Brazilian sounds of Samba, Tropicalia, and much more to life.
• The lively Zabumba & Ponta di Pé Dance Company from Asheville, NC and Batuque de Terreiro from Raleigh, NC, will bring the Brazilian drumming beats and rhythms to keep you dancing all night long.
• Charlotte’s own regionally renowned dance company, Movimentos de Samba, will delight us with completely new Samba, Samba Reggae and Axé dance performances.
• Capoeira Cordão de Ouro, with world-renowned Mestre Esquilo, will join the stage with some of the most talented mestres in this combination of dance and martial arts.