The distance covered by this
walk is 2.5 km and takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
There is a moderately steep uphill grade on the return from the
Beaumont Common to Beaumont House.
Stay around after for a coffee/drink/meal.... somewhere!
Voluntary Meetup fee - $1.00
The district was named Beaumont in 1846 by Samuel Davenport (1818- 1906) (knighted in 1884). He subdivided some of his land (Section 296) in 1849 in the style of an English village and laid it out around a ‘common’ which still exists as public land. ‘Beaumont’ means ‘beautiful mount’ in French. The Davenport home was renamed Beaumont House in about 1857 when Samuel and his wife first occupied it.
The walk begins and ends at Beaumont House, at Stop 20, 631
Glynburn Road, Beaumont. A public bus service terminates a few
hundred metres north on Glynburn Road and there is usually car
parking outside Beaumont House.For more information on bus routes and timetables please refer to: