Distance: 5.3 miles to camp
Elevation: 6,880' to 8,132' (1252' Gain/Descent)
From the Southfork Trailhead we'll head up the trail like we have done before that goes to Dry lake. Just before we reach Southfork meadows Junction we'll bear left and head to Grinnell Ridge. About one mile before reaching our destination we'll be crossing over Lost Creek. Two weeks ago when I was up there, water was flowing very well. You should be able to start off with a liter of water and then we'll fill up more at Lost Creek.
Bring lunch, dinner and your favorite adult beverage for Saturday and Breakfast for Sunday.
Bear cans are not required. You can hang your food or sleep with it.
I'll have one water filter and stove but we'll need more.
Plan to arrive at the trailhead at 7:45
On Sunday we'll return to our cars in the afternoon.
Mark Edward - [masked]
This organizer is not a professional hiker. He may not be equipped or trained to save lives or help with ailments and is under no obligation to assist in the event of a medical emergency. Please know your limits.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1) Select hikes/events at your ability level or below
2) Bring extra water/electrolytes and hydrate before and during the hike
3) Bring extra high-energy snacks
4) Bring more than one bottle of WATER
5) Bring charged cell phone, personal first aid kit, flashlight, and whistle
6) Wear shoes with traction - Trails can be steep and/or rocky
7) Wear and bring hat, sunscreen and appropriate attire/gear based on terrain and weather conditions
8) NO HIKER LEFT BEHIND BUDDY SYSTEM - Select another hiker as a buddy and to check-in with each other and report any problems to Hike Organizer or Sweep. Do not leave a fellow hiker alone or unaccompanied on the trail.
Participants are solely responsible for their regular and emergency meds, including, importantly for food, plant and sting allergies, whether or not they have a history of such allergies.