Glendora Ridge Road, Mt Baldy, CA
PLEASE NOTE this trailhead is 4.2 miles from Mt. Baldy Road on Glendora Ridge Road. Please check the map.
Come join us on a fun and scenic hike to Sunset Peak. A winding fire-road hike to one of the front peaks near the Mt. Baldy Area. This is the longer but less strenuous of two routes, and offers outstanding, panoramic views of the Baldy Bowl and – on clear days – the seemingly never-ending sprawl of Rancho Cucamonga. At the peak itself are the remains of an old fire tower that burned down years ago.
- Distance: About 8.1 miles
- Elevation Gain: About 1400 feet
- Time: A little over 3 hours
- Trail Condition: Very good. It’s fire road almost all of the way, so it’s wide and relatively level. Junctions aren’t marked, but just keep going up and you should be fine.
- How To Get There: Take the 210 to the Mount Baldy exit. Continue north toward Mount Baldy Village, then turn left onto Glendora Ridge Road. Drive about 4.2 miles to a turnoff on the left hand side of the road. Park here, display your Adventure Pass, and start your hike on the Fire Road.
- Relatively easy fire road trail
- Excellent views of the Baldy Bowl, San Antonio Canyon, and Rancho Cucamonga.
- Remains of a fire tower at the summit.
Bring: Water and something to snack.
WE ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL HIKERS OR LEADERS, WE ARE JUST INVITING YOU TO JOIN US ON THIS HIKE. BY SIGNING UP, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT HOLD THE GROUP, ITS LEADERS OR MEMBERS LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY YOU MAY SUFFER ON ANY AU ACTIVITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.
Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.