add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Adventures and Events Message Board › Anyone want to do something other than outings?

Anyone want to do something other than outings?

A former member
Post #: 77
I would like to do something besides "outings" (hiking, biking, kayaking, etc). Meetup as a whole has alot of these, but it's really hard to find anything else.

How about walking and touring various cities, cruises, farms, beaches, parks, museums, or go to a festival?
We need alot more events. Let's go out and do things.

I know the whale watch event is coming up in August. How about more events like this?
Cindy M
Francestown, NH
Post #: 281
We do lots of different things: going to the theater - Godspell is coming up in a few weeks, we went to a dinner theater last winter, comedy shows, we did the Rock n Rib Fest a couple of weeks ago, Diane did Strange Brew last weekend, etc. Lynda typically puts up singles cruises. We even did a Superbowl party at Jokers! But it is a great time of year to be outside. Sometimes we do movie nights and karaoke, too.

If you have any ideas submit them under the Suggest a Meetup, but be specific . We need ideas, and we need people to organize them. Want to organize a beach trip? I have tried to do a trip to a winery but no one was interested, and a trip to Boston on a groupon deal, but only got a couple of responses on that (3 of us are doing it in a couple of weeks but I took it off the meetup due to lack of interest)

I also am going to put up another cruise of Boston harbour on a schooner for August soon. They don't have the schedule up yet for August. (But I already got my ticket via groupon, so it'll be August 18th) Hopefully more people will RSVP soon for the whale watch, but I'm going anyway.

Cindy M (Assistant Organizer)