Adventures by Design Message Board › lets plan something for next weekend!

lets plan something for next weekend!

A former member
Post #: 1
I am not sure of the weather yet but I have not heard rain so that's a plus! I have never met anyone from this group so we can start off simple for a hike and discuss mountain biking somewhere?
A former member
Hi Megan, this sounds good to me. Did you have anyplace (hiking) in mind?
Debbie
user 11454071
Huntington, NY
How about mtn biking in rocky point? I liked the sound of that place Megan suggested.
A former member
Post #: 3
That would work! Wildwood park is real nice too, with trails through the woods and down to the beach where you can hang out in the sun but it might be too early (chilly by the water?). Let's decide where and when we can meet to start the ride. Megan, are you familiar with this trail?
A former member
Post #: 2
wildwood is aroudn there. never been too it yet. I would love to go biking! I may be out of shape but I am so up for it!
A former member
Calerton, wildwood, and rocky point (which has many different starting points), usually you need a DEC permit to park at rocky point but it's still early in the season that I have not seen any rangers yet who usually monitor the trails. I don't have room otherwise I would def carpool people, hopefully we cans till figure out a meeting spot. Also for the future go to http://www.climbonlin...­ print it up, mail it out so you can get the DEC permit, it takes a month or two for the permit to get sent to you, lasts about 5 years and depending on what you check off, will send a list of bike trails on the island.

Back back to Saturday...what's the weather like? I am upt o bike or hike!
Debbie
user 11454071
Huntington, NY
Post #: 2
I vote for rocky point, since it's the closest, I'm coming from huntington. Sunday looks like the better day weather-wise. Do you know the name of the park or area in rocky point so I can mapquest it?

Who's in?

Debbie
A former member
Post #: 4
I know the main entrance is off of rocky pt rd and on whiskey rd but there are tons of trails out there. But that is where I begin because from that specific location it's a 13 mile bike trail.

How to get there:
Take the Long Island Expressway EAST to exit 66 NORTH. Turn left to travel north onto Rt. 21. This may involve a few zig zags, but try to stick with it. Rt. 21 is also called "Middle Island Rd.", and "Yaphank Rd." at certain points, but eventually, it turns to "Rocky Point Road." Stay on Rt. 21 approximately six miles and pass "Whiskey Road." I usually make a right onto whiskey road at the traffic light and then go into the first parking lot on the left.

There are lotsa of possible meeting spots on rt. 21

I hope Saturday weather gets better! I work on Sundays! :(
A former member
Post #: 5
or lets plan something to do indoors? rock climbing? lol I have not done that in at least 10 years? they have it in plainview I think. I have never met anyone from this group or any others, I am up to do anything...get to know people to plan furture events.
let me know. lol just being bored at work!
Debbie
user 11454071
Huntington, NY
Hi Megan....weather permitting, I'm doing the (beginner) hike on Sat with group hiking/fitness volution. Was really looking for serious biking on Sunday bc I'm doing the 5 boro (42 miles) in two weeks. Laura, anyone else interested? If not, I'll probably just ride at Caumsett.