This event is intended for those who have a "yes" RSVP for the annual THOG Big Brevard Camping Trip.
Come join your THOG Friends and lets hike deep into Gorges State Park in search of the beautiful Lower Bearwallow Falls!
(photo courtesy of Ken Swain)
- Estimated round trip hiking distance: 10+/- miles.
- Some bushwhacking on steep rugged terrain will be required on this hike in the area of waterfalls.
- Stream crossing(s) without bridges will be required so be prepared to get your feet wet. Bringing water type shoes, such as Crocs, for any water crossing is recommended.
- Trails will be unmaintained.
- Bring your daypack with at least your rain gear, food, and water.
- This hike will take most of the day, so arrange your carpools accordingly.
- This will be a strenuous adventure, so please be in physically fit when RSVPing.
- Attendees must be able to follow directions and stay with the group.
- If you should have any questions, you may email me personally from my profile page @