Adventureweiner (TM) Club of Seattle (East side too) Message Board › Upcoming Rescue Awareness Event

Upcoming Rescue Awareness Event

Jessica Rhae W.
JessicaRhae
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 67
Hi Group! I am planning a publicity stunt for the Adventureweiner Club to raise awareness about the adoptability of rescue dogs (how great they are). Seattle/Eastside Dachshund members are welcome and encouraged to join us (I know several people are members of both groups anyway).

I can’t give many details yet because I am working with a brand new campaign that was just launched at BarkWorld this past weekend. However, I can say that it involves doing our regular walk around Green Lake while wearing special collars and possibly shirts.

In order to plan and promote this event, I need your help. I need a little bit of information from you so I can pitch this event to the company and to local media. Will you please take a minute to answer these few questions?

1) Do you own a rescue dog?

2) If yes, how many?

3) I am planning this event for early December. Would the second (8th and 9th) or third week (15th and 16th) in December work for you?

4) Is Saturday or Sunday better for you?

5) If you can come, how many Doxies would you be bringing total (both rescue and non-rescue are welcome).

6) For participation, you will receive an item worth a minimum of $10 free of charge (I am paying for it out of my own pocket) to wear and display. Would you be willing to chip in to help make this event a success? (The basic support I am asking for is for you to show up. I am just curious if we could make this event bigger than I am planning)

7) If yes, how much money would you be willing to contribute to this effort?

8) Are you ok with possibly being on the news or in the paper for participating in this event?

Thanks much for your feedback. I can’t make this event a success without you!

Jessica
Studio 6 B.
Studio6Ballroom
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 54
1) Not a rescue (feel bad about that). Tried to get a rescue dog but the group we were going through made it quite difficult. Completely clicked with a picture of a puppy and found out he was the one we were meant to be with.
2) 1 non-rescue
3) & 4) Currently both weekends are available but go quickly. However, we do try to keep Sundays to ourselves for fun stuff like wiener walks!
5) 1 (we can try to spread the word too and maybe be able to carpool more with us)
6) We would chip in. Thanks for organizing!
7) Will check with my partner.
8) Yes (been in both before so totally comfortable)
Thanks for doing this! Let us know what we can do to help! Hoping to make more time to get together more often!
Vivian Q.
user 10496057
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
Hi Jess,

We are happy to help in any way we can.

Yes! We own 4 rescue dogs (one doxie recently died). We adopt old dogs when we can. Amelia is a toothless old Dachshund found wandering in Pierce County that we adopted from Pasado's; Zorrito is a tricolored Pomeranian from Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue; Axel our silver dapple Dachshund was from a military family at Fort Lewis whose dad was being deployed for the 3rd time; and Ricco is a 1/2 Dachshund 1/2 Pekinese (called a Pekehund) that was dumped by his family at 1 years-old and we took in before he was processed in a shelter.

2) If yes, how many?

Four right now, as many as five.

3) I am planning this event for early December. Would the second (8th and 9th) or third week (15th and 16th) in December work for you?

We can't make it on the 9th (neighborhood holiday party).

We will come support you and this cause either day.

5) If you can come, how many Doxies would you be bringing total (both rescue and non-rescue are welcome).

Three (really 2 and 1/2 since Ricco is a cross breed).

6) For participation, you will receive an item worth a minimum of $10 free of charge (I am paying for it out of my own pocket) to wear and display. Would you be willing to chip in to help make this event a success? (The basic support I am asking for is for you to show up. I am just curious if we could make this event bigger than I am planning)

We will be happy to send you a contribution to cover the cost before the event.

$50.00

8) Are you ok with possibly being on the news or in the paper for participating in this event?

We are happy to do anything that will help aid rescue efforts.
keyshaross
Quiche
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hello Jessica:

1) No, my dog is not a rescue.
2) N/A
3) Second week would probably be better.
4) Saturday is best.
5) I would bring my dog (cocker spaniel/dachshund mix). She looks like a long-haired dachshund.
6) Yes, I be willing to chip in.
7) $25
8) I'm okay with being in the news but not to be interviewed or quoted.
Regards,
Keysha Ross
Jessica Rhae W.
JessicaRhae
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 70
Thanks to those of you who have replied to far! I am currently working on the details and will probably be making an announcement/scheduling something within the next week.
Amy R.
user 2854047
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Post #: 16
1) No, my boys are not rescues.

2) N/A

3) Either weekend works for me.

4) Saturdays work better, but I can do Sundays, too.

5) 2 adventureweiners!!

6) Yes, I would help out!

7) $20...maybe more...

8) Of course!!
A former member

Yes.

2) If yes, how many?

One doxie.

I think the 8th, 15th and 16th currently work. Possibly the 9th depending on the time. Though that changes quickly.

Just the one rescue.

Sure.

$30

Sure.

Denise B.
user 13933567
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5

yes
2) If yes, how many?
either is fine at this point
either is fine
yes, I am happy to pay for my own shirt(s) or other promo stuff

yes
Thanks much for your feedback. I can’t make this event a success without you!

Jessica

amy
user 28773482
Seattle, WA
1.) not now, but i have in the past
2.) just one.
3.) either is fine.
4.) no preference.
5.) 2
6.) sure
7.) $10-20
8.) yup.
Cami P.
user 33539902
Seattle, WA
1. Yes, we have rescues
2. Both (2) of our doxies are rescues - very different circumstances
3. Either weekend is fine for us
4. Sunday is best
5. we would come with 2 standard sized doxies
6 & 7. We would love to chip in! $25-$50 would be our happy donation
8. Would love to help with publicity any way that we can.