After Work Hiking Plus! Message Board › A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Ed W.
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hi Trail Workers/After Work Hikers,

A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that participated in the Trail Work Day—Red Rocks Park on Saturday. It was truly pleasing to see how well we all worked together, how much fun we had, and how much we accomplished. After the work was done, I walked around and took photos of all the work we did, and it was a lot! If you haven't seen the photos from the event, check them out:­

Also, a HUGE THANK YOU to Jacki Wicks, who spent a considerable amount of time and effort preparing chili, corn bread, and sides for us, and to Lisa Lammers for bringing artichoke lasagna. Also, if I got it right, Linda, Sue, Cherie, JC, Lynelle, Paula, Margaret, Barry, Bonnie and maybe some others also brought goodies such as fruit, veggies, cookies, brownies, coffee, etc. Because of this, we had a terrific lunch!

Finally, I think we all enjoyed meeting and working with the rangers there: Bob Finch (Director of Natural Resources for Denver Mountain Parks), Rob Krueger, Jennifer Mrachek, and Lonnie. They want us back!

In the past year, we've done trail work at all of the park systems we hike at regularly: Jeffco Open Space, Green Mountain/Lakewood, and Denver Mountain Parks. We also hike once a year at Roxborough State Park (in fact, I have a hike schedule there this Thursday), and I've been talking with them about doing something there this fall. I'm also planning a weekday after work trail maintenance evening on Green Mountain sometime in July or August, and we'll do at least a couple more weekend trail work days in September and October.

As I've mentioned several times, I regularly advance people from the wait lists for hikes who have participated in trail work days. If you're on the wait list for a hike and I haven't advanced you, feel free to send me an email reminding me of your participation Saturday.

LOST & FOUND: Karl Busch found a camera on the side of one of the trails we were working on. I'm not sure it belongs to one of us, but if you're missing a camera, email me. Also, I misplaced one of the clipboards we signed in on—if by chance you have it, email me.

I'll see you on the trails soon!

Ed White, Hike Leader & Organizer