After Work Hiking Plus! Message Board › Thanks for your Trail Work help

Thanks for your Trail Work help

Ed W.
Ed_White
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hi Trail Workers,

I want to thank everyone again for participating in the Trail Work Day--Red Rocks Park this past Saturday.  Bob Finch and the park rangers really appreciate our help.  If you haven't seen the photos from the event, click on the link to check them out.  We had an excellent turnout in spite of the weather.

For those of you that asked, the BBQ we served for lunch was from Piggin' Out BBQ (click on link for website).  It's in a small shack at the northeast corner of Morrison Rd. and Kipling St (one block east of Kipling Pkwy).  It is one block east of Moe's Original BBQ where we frequently go to after hikes.  Since Piggin' Out is just a shack with very little seating (all outdoors), it's not a good place to dine at after our hikes.

I apologize for the messed up directions to the lunch spot.  The directions given to me were a little confused, and the car caravan got separated.  I understand there were about 4 or 5 cars that got lost and didn't make it—I am really disappointed about that.  If you were one of those, if you email me, I'll refund your $4 if you want.

I've written software that tells me for each person on the wait list for a given hike which trail work days each person has done, so you will get priority in being advanced from the wait list for hikes for the next several months.  If for some reason you're on a wait list and don't get advanced, feel free to email me to remind me that you were on this trail work day.

The next trail work day will be on Green Mountain/Lakewood on Saturday June 9.  As soon as I get the details worked out, I'll open it up for registration.

Again, thanks for your help.  See you on the trails soon.

Ed White, Hike Leader & Organizer