After Work Hiking Plus! Message Board › MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

Ed W.
Ed_White
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hi After Work Hikers,

I've just posted online several hikes for the next couple of months.  Upcoming events include full moon hikes, and hikes followed by dinner at fancy restaurants during Denver Restaurant Week—a lot to look forward to!  However, most of them say "MARK YOUR CALENDARS" as the first sentence in the event description. That means what it says—I have not opened it for registration yet, and I don't want you to register for it yet.  Therefore, when it says "MARK YOUR CALENDARS", please don't email me saying you want to register for the event but it won't let you.

Generally, I open up events roughly two weeks before they start.  If I opened them all up now, a lot of people will register for them all just to reserve a spot, and then cancel for most of them at the last minute. 

Speaking of which, please do not register for events unless you really intend to go.  I volunteer a huge amount of time organizing these events, and I deal with many frustrations in the process.  One of the biggest difficulties with this Meetup is getting an appropriate number of people to show up for the events.  I target an appropriate number of people for each event, but with all the people who sign up and then cancel or don't show, it makes getting the appropriate number very challenging and time-consuming for me.  I understand with after work events a lot of uncontrollable things can come to keep you from making on a hike, but the number of people who cancel or don't show far exceeds the number you'd expect from legitimate issues. As I am just a volunteer, please treat me with respect by not signing up for events that you don't really expect to attend, and if you can't attend an event you are registered for, please change your RSVP to No as soon as possible.

Ed White, Hike Leader & Organizer