Members Against Meetup's New View Message Board › Stepping down as Organizer

Stepping down as Organizer

A former member
Greetings everyone,

With very mixed emotions, I have decided to step down as Organizer of this group. After eight months, it has become very clear that Meetup.com had no interest in working with members who were not satisfied with the abrupt changes that were made in the middle of the day on March 10th, 2010. I have tried, and so have many of you, to present our case and offer extremely reasonable solutions to the management and product team of Meetup.com. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of this movement.

On the eight month anniversary since the big change, Meetup.com has done practically nothing to resolve our issues with the new layout AND to acknowledge and correct the horrible process that was used to implement the change. For those of you who are still holding your breath, let me remind you that the calendar is STILL BURIED in the navigation bar, and the modules on the homepage are far from complete.

For me, the most upsetting realization I have had in the past eight months is the complete lack of passion from the management of Meetup.com for their social community product and to their customers, both paying and non-paying. This unethical approach will ultimately lead to the downfall of their company, and this to me, is the most upsetting thought.

Again, I sincerely thank you all for your support. If you would like to reach me in the future, you may message me through Meetup.com or reach me at the telephone number below.

Oryx Gazella
(937) 679-9495
Atul
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1,512
That's too bad as there are so many more things this group could accomplish!
A former member
Post #: 393
Hi Atul,

I nominated John to take over the site. However, If you are interested in taking it over or would like to assist in some capacity, let John know. It would be really awesome if this site could continue to live, I just don't know my future with Meetup.com so I would like to not remain the Organizer in case I decide to leave Meetup.com.

Oryx