addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Members Against Meetup's New View Message Board › more changes, more drama

more changes, more drama

Peter
user 5618101
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 154
It's been well over a year since anyone has posted anything in this group. But in the past couple of weeks, Meetup has been making all sorts of changes, resulting in all sorts of outraged reactions on the Organizers' Forum, including some from me. What next for this group?

I've noticed that there are now only 2 groups that match the keyword "Against the New View Transition on March 10th" -- this group, and another one of mine. I think there used to be about 10 or 15. I might as well remove this keyword now that nobody else is using it anymore, but what to replace it with?
Emmy
user 9387564
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 330
Hi Peter,

I don't know what's next from this group, but maybe we can mention it to some people on the Forums who have expressed concern about the recent changes -- maybe we could discuss some of the changes here, similar to the way John's now-closed group provided a place where people could talk more freely. (I think his group was called "Let's Meet up and Stay in Touch" or something like that.)

It sounds like some people have been suspended from the forums for posting too sharply about the recent changes -- they might be especially interested in this group.

I don't know about the keywords. I know I could look this up, but do you know offhand whether there are any general keywords that relate to the Meetup site or to organizing Meetups?

Emmy
Emmy
user 9387564
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 358
Now Meetup has gone and put all RSVP comments in the comment stream -- this is a bizarre change given that most people don't want more email from Meetup.

Maybe we can discuss such changes here.

Emmy
avra c.
divermate
New York, NY
Post #: 2,234
It is infuriating that changes are constantly made over which users have no control and no input. It gives the impression that "improvements" are added simply to justify the jobs of some people working for Meetup. Invariably they make things more confusing or less useful.
Wish they would work instead on giving organizers options for customizing their sites and users more choices about how they use it.