add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Members Against Meetup's New View Message Board › Thank you for joining! (Please Read)

Thank you for joining! (Please Read)

A former member
Post #: 210

Greetings Fellow Organizer and Meetup Member,

Thank you for joining this advocacy group founded on behalf of those who are against the New View Transition which is being forced onto ALL Meetup groups on March 10th. I founded this group as an attempt to organize all those who oppose the decision announced by on March 8th in ­this letter sent to all Meetup Organizers.

I believe that there is a better way, that involves Organizers and working together to resolve our differences of opinion and to bridge the gap that this and other past incidents may have created.

I value my Meetup Group more than I value most things in my life. My group, Critters for a Cause, has grown from a passion to help others and to support the causes of charities and other community organizations. I care about my members and I am going to do whatever it takes to protect their interests.

We have all struggled to be the best organizers we can possibly be and many of us have changed lives. We cannot sit by silently and watch end or otherwise harm what we have built.

On the eve of the transition date that has set, I ask that you reach out to all of your Members and ask them to join this group and let it be known that we oppose's decision to force the transition all Meetup groups to the new view.

Thank you again.

Oryx Gazella

Edit: Feel free to re-use the logo I created for this group with your members or to post onto your blog.
A former member
Post #: 1,345
I left a few years ago after they did decided to screw up their message boards.
A former member
Post #: 257

Greetings fellow organizers.

I'm John Cabrall. Oryx sent me an impassioned email and asked me to consider becoming an Assistant Organizer for this group.

We traded phone numbers - mine is (925) 487-5421 and I got the answer to that question and . . . here I am.

During my phone call with Oryx we talked about a lot of things.

We talked about highways and Mac Trucks. It you are reading this it's probably because the most recent change to the user interface nearly ran you down. There you were, on your group's highway . . . and now you find yourself in a muddy ditch. What Happened? What do you Do NOW? The truck that surprised you is fast becoming a dusty cloud in the distance. You are not sure you want to follow.

You are here because you believe in the vision of Meetup: Connect online and do stuff together with them offline.

That vision hasn't changed, and your dedication to the groups that you created using the Meetup Platform hasn't changed.

So What Now?

I'll be honest. Neither Oryx or I have the answer. We are going continue our journey down the road, and we'll be looking over our collective shoulder. We don't want to wind up in that ditch again.

John Cabrall
Group Captain
Got Wind and Water Sailing Network Group
. . . powered by the Meetup Platform