align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Members Against Meetup's New View Message Board › New thread about the "New View" on the Organizers' forum...

New thread about the "New View" on the Organizers' forum...

Emmy
user 9387564
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 67
Hi all,

Here's the link to the new thread "Has the New View helped or hurt?" -- maybe some others have something to say.

http://www.meetup.com...­

By the way, for those of us who are still involved with Meetup, I still think this group has possibilities, and hope we can bring it more up to date it soon. But that's another discussion!

Best,
Emmy
Atul
user.9032885
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1,326
Here is my reply before it will probably be edited or removed:

Atul Posted Jul 19, 2010 11:30 PM Link to this reply Edit Delete Quote in reply

user 8961066
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1,325

I still prefer the old/classic view format. It was much more credible-looking than the new view/format.

The new view appeals to children and teenagers more than it does to adults, but my groups/topics are more targeted more towards adult members so the new view is a much worse fit for my current groups. I do have ideas for many potential new groups that this change is good for, but most of my "new group" ideas are better suited for the old/classic view.

All the new features should have been incorporated into the old/classic view format, The old format should have been modified and perfected instead of wasting everyone's time, effort and anger on this new format.

Most people I know are peeved off about the change, and even more so about the way it was forced upon all of us (Meetup's disrespectful attitude towards the organizers) Most of us don't have the time, effort or energy to keep correcting every mistake Meetup forces upon us, assuming that they even listen or take our concerns seriously. No-one is paying us, so why should we waste our limited time and energy on this, especially with Meetup's track record in the way they mistreat us and that fact they don't listen and silence criticism.

There are numerous more important and much easier/cheaper things Meetup could be doing to improve the site and also correct its flaws, but most of us have lost all of our enthusiasm for meetup to make these suggestions as Meetup has squandered/killed our good will. Meetup has alienated its most avid and vocal supporters, and they aren't even intelligent enough to apologize and try and make amends.

Perhaps there should be a forum, for suggestions on constructive ways to make the relatively out to lunch Meetup HQ listen, and bring them to reality. I'm not a psychologist, so I'd welcome any suggestions on how to constructively deal with their extremely dysfunctional approach towards us.