My goal for this group is to put together a fun, friendly group of women in the Decatur area who want to meet for lunch, dinner, and small activities. We are low key, but lots of fun. There are a few rules!
1. You must have a photo and information about yourself posted on Meet-Up to be approved for membership. Photo must be of you - not your favorite pet (although I could be guilty about using one of my dogs' photos - but I will behave. Ask to see my dog photos when we meet, if you are brave!)
2. There is a 30 day trial membership. Dues are $5.00 a year - from the date you sign up. Meet-up will drop you in an inactive file if you don't pay.
3. If you RSVP and don't show up, or cancel three times after you make an RSVP without a valid reason, you will be removed from the group. Things come up and illness hits. Just let me know why you aren't coming and that will be fine. I don't like to make this a rule, but if we go to smaller restaurants where I have made a reservation and there are no-shows at the last minute, we all look bad.
4. If you join and don't show up to a dinner in four months your membership will be cancelled. We want active members. This group is not about numbers - it is about making friends.
5. I will schedule a dinner a month, but if you would like to host something, let me know and I will post it for you. A movie? A lecture? Dinner at your house? A book club? Would be great for some members to step up and host something! The home address for any meet-up is only visible to our members.
6. In some cases there may be a charge to sign up for an event, but most everything is free here.
7. If you go on a wait list and we are just over our RSVP by a few I will open the event to include you. So check back the day of the meeting to see about the wait list.
8. I am always open to suggestions - but only if you are an active member!