Let's get together monthly to share ideas, listen to speakers and come up with topics that we'd like to learn more about.
This Month's Agenda:
• 6:30 - 7:00 Meet, greet & eat
• 7:00 - 7:15 Introductions & Announcements
• 7:15 - 8:15 Presentations & Discussions
• Introduction to Riak, Basho Technologies
Riak is an open-source, distributed key/value database for high availability, fault-tolerance, and near-linear scalability.
The sweet spot of Riak is high-volume (data that's available to read and write when you need it), high-velocity (easily responds to growth), and high-variety information assets (you can store any type of data as a value). Riak was built as a solution to real Big Data problems, based on the Amazon Dynamo design. Riak was written on the Erlang programming language. Erlang was chosen due to its strong support for concurrency, solid distributed communication, hot code loading, and fault-tolerance.
• 8:15 - 8:30 Networking, conversation and plan for next month