Agile Experience Design Message Board › Ad agency for government client looking for a freelance user interface engin
My team at Ogilvy is looking for a freelance user interface engineer. You'd be working with a small team in New York City that supports two federal websites. If you are interested, please apply directly through Ogilvy.
Thanks so much,
User Interface Engineer / Freelance
Ogilvy Action is seeking a freelance UI Engineer for a large government client.
As a UI Engineer, you will be a part of an account management team tasked with creating a new, mobile-specific version of the agency website as well as optimizing the mobile display of the entire 7,000-page current website.
Additional projects may include proposing new features and developing for the current public site, the intranet, and a suite of WordPress blogs.
The ideal candidate will possess strong skills in front-end web technologies and have experience developing mobile sites and WordPress template configurations.
Hours are flexible and project based. The development is projected to last three to four months.
Key responsibilities include:
• Creating code for user interfaces intended for mobile devices.
• Coordinating with the client’s internal development team to create and implement new user interfaces on the client’s proprietary CMS using a variety of technologies.
• Verifying the cross-browser compatibility of all client products.
• Working with project management and quality assurance teams to conduct usability and accessibility reviews.
Qualified candidates must have:
• A B.S. in human-computer interaction, computer science or a related degree or two to four years’ experience developing commercial-quality web applications.
• Experience developing themes and modifying plugins for WordPress.
• Strong background in developing cross-browser web applications.
• Solid interpersonal communication skills are a must as you will be coordinating with an off-site client development team.
Apply at: http://careers.ogilvy...
Search job opening: 699BR