Join us for a panel hosted jointly by Agile Vancouver and the Vancouver Java User Group.
Networking starts at 6pm and the discussion will start at 6:30pm sharp.
So how do you get that first few years of experience to jump start your career after you graduate? What does the road ahead look like for developers, designers, architects, and others in the software engineering field? How can you transition into a high tech career from another field, or change your career focus (from developer to system architect, or from tester to developer, etc.)? What are some of the ways to keep building an excellent career, or to take your career to the next level?
We will discuss these and related issues that enquiring minds want to know the answers to. The panel members all have experience hiring people for their companies, and represent all different sizes of companies from small business to large corporations:
• Jim Tivy, Owner, Bluestream XML Content Solutions
• Vikram Ramchandran, Manager of Information Systems at TELUS
• Eugene Nizker, CIO, 364 Northern Development Corporation (BAMSAS)
• Philippe Kruchten, Professor of Software Engineering at UBC
• Noel Pullen, Director of Web at HootSuite
Check out our website at: www.agilevancouver.ca.
Please RSVP for this event at so that we can know how many people to expect.