Successful Agile teams self-organize. This is easier said than done. Empowering teams to become self-organizing requires the use of Team Coaching Skills:
• Leadership Skills guide you to become aware of who you are and how you conduct yourself in the team to influence other team members positively.
• Coaching Skills prepare you to engage in empowering relationships and interact with others in the team to help them learn and grow.
• Facilitation Skills help you understand interpersonal dynamics and team behaviours, and how to intervene in a team to cultivate self-organization.
In an Agile organization, anyone can contribute to the team’s develop by applying these skills.
Module 2: Coaching Skills
We are pleased to present a series of retreats where Agilists can meet and practice Team Coaching Skills together.
The format is simple, you will learn some theory, you will practice and observe, and you will give and receive feedback from other practitioners. The second retreat will continue to focus on Basic Coaching Skills.
It will help you clarify what a Servant Leadership attitude is and you will practice the four most important listening and questioning skills used in coaching conversations. Moments for gathering insights and feedback is an integral part of the training for participants as well as for organizers and we ask you to fill out a feedback form towards the end of the day.
To ensure a supporting learning environment, the number of participants are limited. This event is organized and prepared by Agile Open Space and it will be facilitated by Louise Kold Taylor assisted by Jesús Méndez.
Seedbox Technologies is holding the event at their amazing offices in Montreal, QC.
Questions and Answers
• If I'm a Scrum Alliance member, could I report SEU's for attending this event?
Yes, you could report 5 Category C SEU's after attending this workshop
• Could I get a certificate to claim PDU's after attending this event?
Yes, of course. Just send us an email and it would be our pleasure to send you back your workshop participation certificate in .pdf format.
• The workshop would be in English or French ?
The workshop material and instructions would be in English but if you have questions in french, don't worry because one of our team members would be there to help you out.
• Why are we paying this time?
Early bird promotion: For a limited time (Only until April 7th) , reserve your seat with our promotional early bird fee of only $95 CAD all included.
Regular fee: $120 CAD (After April 7th)
This fees serves to pay for the content produced to hold the event, the food, snacks, beverages, the workshop miscellaneous like post-it, markers, and the coaching facilitator fees required to make it happen. In addition, it would help us to continue offering free high quality events to you.
Thank you for being part of the journey.
Agile Open Space